BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Best Tatoes Ever!

So my good friend April, has gotten me addicted, hooked, obsessed, etc. with The Pioneer Woman. This mostly started from April giving me The Pioneer Woman's cookbook. Her pot roast is indeed the best pot roast I have ever eaten and it was the only reason I had to get new pots and pans. Her online recipes are fun to look thru and I seem like I've discovered something new and interesting in my life - cooking! This potato recipe was online and was truly delicious. It may have been so delicious because they accompanied baby back ribs that were truly to die for that Paul grilled up and roasted asparagus! ( Does anyone besides my family say Asper-grass?) At any rate, here is an easy and delicious way to cook potatoes:

12 or however many you want WHOLE red/yellow/new potatoes.
12 fit on the cookie sheet.
Boil whole until fork tender.

Spread some olive oil on a cookie sheet. Take a hand masher and squish them one way and then the other. It's important to have enough oil so the potatoes don't stick. Then brush with olive oil, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and fresh chopped rosemary. Bake at 450 for about 20 minutes or so. Oh and my...............

Let me know if you try it..........

And by the way, kosher salt is my new 'thing'. It is so tasty and pretty forgiving. It just is different than plain old iodized salt! You should go out immediately and get a box of it for your tasty cooking!

11 comments:

Sam said...

I follow her photography. She's great and very insightful for beginning people. And we've looked at her cooking and other things as well. She's cool!

Unknown said...

I adore her. She's the very first person I ever blogg stalked. So, Rachel ordered the cookbook for the home-ec teacher at KU and she loves it. She's used it in her class a whole bunch, and it's gotten those cool high school kids way excited about cooking. Inspiring true story;)

meg baker said...

Funny... Kosher salt is my new thing too. I recently tried making Outback potatoes which are too die for! Why go pay the big bucks when you live in Idaho where the potatoes are free?!?

Isn't it so much fun to try new recipes. It has been one of my goals this year to try a new recipe a week. We have been having a blast!

suzanne said...

Megan - how are you girl? Outback potatoes? I love their steaks - fill me in on their tatoes! How are you and Tad and kiddies? I can't get on your blog! Hope you see this!

Momma K said...

Love the PW! Her blog is so funny. Oh, and if you're updating your cookware for finer gourmet cooking, you HAVE to get some Silpat Cookie sheets and Demarle Bakeware. But the secret is you can't just put the silpat on any old cookie sheet... You need to get a perforated one to go with it. THEN you can roast your asparagus on it with some olive oil and a little kosher salt and it will seriously be the best thing you've ever experienced! I've got to try the roasted potatoes! Yum!!!

Rachel Garcia said...

It's true- the foods teacher even used the pulled pork recipe to feed the staff during confrences and they all loved it!!

Dani said...

Yum and yum! I need that pot roast recipe, because it was indeed divine! I think the new pots and pans definitely helped. :) We are on a kosher salt kick too!! That and some evoo is all you need on roasted asparagus!!! YUM!!!

Julie said...

Just so you know...I love Ree Drummond (PW). She cracks me up in her cooking tutorials. Her chicken salad recipe is the best. I've also made the apple dumplings with the mountain dew. Yummy! I miss you. I love browsing your blog. Your family is sure growing!

Jaime said...

Hey Suzanne, I do have your patterns and I will bring them to you Sunday. Sorry I've had them for so long, I just kept missing you at church...and I never get out of Primary to see anyone. :)

J.J. said...

Tried the potatoes and loved them. Paul actually did the cooking, but I'm taking credit since I wrote down the directions off your blog. Thanks for the discovery.

Jaime said...

Hey thanks for the comment Suzanne, I will take you up on the swimming ANYTIME.Boy do I need some color. And I have plenty of marshmellows and 3 pretty great roasters who would love to make a smore or two sometime.
PS these potatoes sound amazing.